Egypt: Maybe My Favorite Country Yet?

I should first start off by saying that while Egypt had such amazing people and wonderful sites, it was the dirtiest place I have ever been.  I asked one of the locals why and he said because they don't have any garbage collection except for the rich who pay for the private service.  It's such a bummer because while this city is beautiful, it could be even more wonderful if it were clean!

I'm generally a budget traveler, but Jordan convinced me to stay at the Ritz while in Cairo and it pretty boujee!  I'm not sure I would spend that kind of money for a hotel again, but it was a fun experience in a far away land.  I enjoyed some bubble baths and room service in bed!

After Cairo, we headed south to Marsa Alam where we could dive in the Red Sea.  I didn't take many pictures there so didn't post any, but it was great!  Beautiful reef, great fish, crystal clear water. You can tell they also take care of the reef and don't let new divers so areas where they can destroy it.  I can't wait to get back to dive in the Red Sea again one day!  But next time, hopefully in Sudan!

We started off at the Pyramids and the Spinx. It's surreal to see things in person you have been seeing in pictures your whole life.








We headed to Saqqara where we could go inside the pyramids and see the tombs and some hieroglyphs.  There was a lot of energy moving around this place.





We stopped at a place where they make rugs.  Their fingers moved so fast!

 Memphis



The museum was pretty unique.  It was almost like they just threw everything in there without a ton of rhyme or reason.  Apparently they have just too many artifacts.  They are building a new museum to house it all.  It is so amazing to see this stuff up close!








Comments