Isreal: Even Fun for the Non-Religious!

Jordan and I spent some time traveling through Israel, Jordan and Egypt.  This would be too long for one post so I'll break it up per country.

I have a friend on Kauai that is from Israel so she gave a bunch of tips on where to go and what to eat.  We ended up staying in Jerusalem for most of the trip, but also explored some of the surrounding areas.  Israel has some of best food I have eaten around the world.  While I am spiritual in some ways, I would not consider myself religious and I still really enjoyed the sites.  So much history has happened in this area.  The people were so friendly everywhere we went!


We flew into Tel Aviv, but Grabbed a car and drove straight to Jerusalem.  The first meal we ate we met a bunch of locals and ended up hanging out with them for a lot of out time in the area.  Let me tell you....people around there like to party!

They had to blur out my face while in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.  The different Christian groups cannot decide who should hold the keys to this site so they let a couple Muslim families open and lock the doors each day.  

Wandering around the Old City.  We went down all kinds of random alleys and found an old man sitting and eating his lunch alone.  He did not speak any English, but he insisted we sit next to him and share his lunch. Very cool experience.



So much good food everywhere!!!

Dome of the Rock in the background

For a moment I thought I was going to become an Orthodox Jew...

...then I quickly same to my senses

After handing out in Jerusalem for a while we drive to Masada. 

Of course there had to be some ridiculous yoga poses!




After Masada, we headed to the Dead Sea.  Much cooler than I ever imagined!  I couldn't spend more than a day there, but what an interesting feeling to float so high in the water. Even when you walk through the water, you can feel the urge to float. There were HUGE salt chunks on the ground and I tried to bring some home, but later while going through airport security in Jordan, they thought it was drugs and flushed it down the toilet....That was a weird experience!  Note to self...don't put your head under the water...yes, I had to learn from experience.



We then drove back to Tel Aviv and wandered around the city for a while.  There happened to be a big sailboat race going on so that was pretty cool! 

Why do I always run into animals having sex everywhere I go!?!

On the way to Israel, we had a day layover in Paris so of course we went around to see the sites!




Comments