Wrapping up 2019

What an interesting year!  It started off a little rocky, but ended up as good as they get!  I always start each year making some goals so I can try and have a productive year.  I don't always accomplish all the goals, but I did pretty good this year.  I thought it would be fun to highlight some of them here.

I have wanted to buy a house in Hawaii for a while, but that requires quite a big down payment so I made a goal to save $100k for a down payment this year.  As of today, I have barely broken this!  One of my goals this next year is to buy another property so we'll see how that part of the equation goes.

Travel less. I failed this one miserably.  I wanted to spend more time on Kauai but I found it hard to say no to fun vacations.  I am making a similar goal for 2020.

Read 12 books.  I did great on this one!  I really went in the spiritual direction towards the end and I think that is how I will be starting the new year.  Here is my list from the year:
The Story of Koloa
Divergent
Blue Latitudes
Insurgent
Allegiant
Life of Brine
Sapiens
Let My People Go Surfing
Beneath a Scarlet Sky
66 Days Adrift
The Wave
Tantra Made Easy
The Four Sacred Secrets
The Power of Now
Whatever Arises, Love That
Perfect Love, Imperfect Relationships
The Untethered Soul
Many Lives, Many Masters


Get Rid of Plantars Wart. I've had this wart on the bottom of my foot for over 10 years and I have done so much to get rid of it with no success. This year it finally happened!  It felt great to be rid of this thing.

Do 400 activities including 250 surf sessions and 10 dives. I only partially reached this goal, but I am pretty happy with how it went.  Here are the numbers:
Surf: 132
Yoga: 88
Sail: 35
Workout (includes, running, slipper camp, kayak and climb): 35
Snorkel: 19
Dive: 12
Hike: 16
Total Activities: 337


I had some other goals, but I'm not going to share them here.  So let's move on to 2020!  I'm not going to list all of my goals, but I'll put a handful of highlights below.

Buy another property alone
Buy a separate property with Jordan
Drink less than once a week
Continue to grow spiritually (there are more specific goals, but I'm leaving them out)
Press handstand with straight legs
Yoga 200 times
Surf 100 times
Sail 50 times
Get Master Diver Certification

Cheers to another year in paradise living my dream!

Comments