Visiting the Family! (or part of it)

Daria and I tool our yearly trip to Scottsdale to see the family and had a great time.  I even got to meet up with a Tri club for some running and a Masters swim group.  Other than working and training, we got a chance to go out on the boat and do some relaxing.  Daria just about got up on the surf board behind the boat and she got punished on the tube thanks to Grandpa.  I rode it with her for a while, but she had bigger balls than I did and I hopped off first.

We then drove to Oceanside, CA to meet more of the family and take a family photo.  The surf wasn't great, but I got to get out for a couple days and catch some waves. We tried to buy a surfboard from Surf Ride, but they were total dicks so we got one from Asylum Surf instead.  We spent a day at Sea World (please don't judge me...it wasn't my decision) which was pretty cool, but you can't go without feeling super bad for the big animals in small cages. We ate some delicious food, including some awesome rolls at Harney Sushi and we just got to hang out with family.  Fun trip!









Comments