Surf and Snow (at the same time)

March 13th rolled around again so it was time to head up to New Jersey to do a little surfing with Mike.  I met the new baby boy, spent some time with Georgie, surfed in freezing cold temps and went to work in the city for a day.

When Mike and I left his house on Thursday, it was snowing.  I'm glad Mike had an extra 5mil wetsuit with gloves, booties and hood because my 4/3 wasn't going to cut it.  If I remember right, the water temp was around 38 and the air temp was around 33.  I never thought I would be surfing in freezing weather like that!  With the right gear, the first hour wasn't too bad.  My body never got cold, but my face and hands started to feel like they were going to fall off around 50 minutes into it.  We caught some small waves and had a fantastic time.  The coldest part was getting out of the wetsuit in the blistering wind!  I had a great time, but the next time I will be surfing in cold weather like this will probably be next March.

It was great seeing Ambyr and the kids. They are such nice people.  Mike and I went into the city to work on Friday and Prerna was kind enough to take me to lunch and show me a little around the city.  I love walking through the city!  I'm really glad I got to celebrate George (who I never got the chance to meet), with Mike and his family.


Comments