2012 Ironman Loiusville

If I would have written about this race right after it took place, I would have done a lot of venting and said I was done with racing for a while.  I have not done a race since Ironman Louisville, but not because of how I felt after the race.  I have been busy traveling!  But that's another story, so here is this one...

My overall time was 11:45:59.  This might sounds good, but I was planning on much better!  Here are the details:

Swim: 01:13:47
T1: 3:28
Bike: 05:32:32
T2: 3:33
Run: 04:52:39
Division Rank: 42

I was not super happy with the swim.  I felt pretty good and efficient, but when I got out of the water, I was surprised at how slow I was!  My legs cramped once and I had to stop and stretch them underwater, but they came back and I felt like I finished strong.  I think the cramping was just a lack of my swim training so I definitely need to work on this for the future.

My bike was right where I wanted it!  The course was pretty hilly compared to my training grounds so I was happy to do as well as I did.  I felt pretty good the whole time and I got a chance to try peeing myself on the bike so that was interesting!  Might as well get it all out so you don't have to stop on the run!  Unfortunately, my run ended up being a disaster.

I felt pretty good on the run for the first couple miles but then I started having the stomach issues that plague me on almost ever race.  The majority of the marathon was mixed between walking and running.  I was not happy and felt miserable.

When the race was over, I was an emotional mess.  I wanted someone to hug so bad, but I didn't bring anyone with me.  I'm definitely not doing another one of these races without support.  I was bummed about my time and how I felt.  This feeling lasted a long time.  Even today I am bummed about it, but I am ready to race again.  I just recently started training again and I am feeling pretty good!

I'm not sure if I will be doing another full Ironman this year, but I'm going to try and at least fit in a half and some sprints.

Until next time!  (enjoy the pics from my experience)








Comments