South Florida Dive Trip? ...maybe not this time...

Like any other active adventure, weather can really play a big part with what you get to do...  My friend Briana and I planned a dive trip that turned into a drinking trip thanks to hurricanes!

Luckily we got to dive one day in Jupiter and it was quite an adventure!  There were 6 foot swells which made riding in a small boat extra fun!  About 30 minutes into the ride, I was puking over the side of the boat.  The diving was good, but not fantastic.  I would definitely like to check out Jupiter again, but maybe when the weather is better.  We were happy Jupiter Dive Center took us out with the bad weather and treated us to a good time.  The coolest things we saw were a couple sharks and a bright Moray Eel, but the visibility wasn't fantastic.  I would say the boat ride was the funnest part...I'm glad we didn't sink!

We may not have gotten to dive much on the trip, but we stumbled on a couple festivals we had no idea existed!  The first was ZombieCon in Ft Myers.  It was pretty cool!  Everyone was dressed as zombies (some better than others) and some were quite frightening!  It was fun seeing all the makeup and time everyone put into their zombie costumes.

The second festival we stumbled upon was Fantasy Fest in Key West.  I had never heard of this, but I definitely want to go back!  It is basically an excuse for people to get naked in the streets, show off their bodies and drink!  People were covered in body paint, costumes or nothing at all, parading around having people take pictures of/with them!  This was probably the highlight of the trip, I had never been to such a crazy event.

Other days, we did an airboat ride which was cooler than I imagined!  Going super fast in small passages and seeing all kinds of wildlife was super exciting.  We also visited the Eddison and Ford Winter Estates which was full or history and fun inventions.

It ended up being a wonderful faux dive trip, but I hope next time it consists of more diving!















Comments