Waves, Tacos and Cervesas: Welcome to Mexico

Apart from amazing waves, one of my favorite things about Mexico is the cost.  As long as I stay away from the tourist areas it is so cheap to live.  At the beginning of the week I got the equivalent of $100 out of the ATM and only finished using it on out last meal.  Tacos, beers and other tasty treats filled the week and at such a low cost!  Nothing beats sitting at a beach bar, drinking a $1 beer while watching the waves.  Ok so maybe I lied, the waves were really what we were there for.

I met Alex, John and Warren in Zihuatanejo and we drove North to surf for a week.  We mostly surfed La Saladita, but also got to check out the Ranch a couple times and it was pretty amazing!

It begins with a relaxing evening of watching the water :-)

Plenty of Contract Pitch.  Sadly Warren and I didn't do so well.

Lots of relaxing.  This may be my favorite pic from the trip.  Grandpa asleep and Warren getting a massage.

The farewell dinner with our new friend Claudia from Switzerland!

Comments