Reno, Bishop and Sacramento....Oh my!

When booking my trip back from Mexico, the flight home kinda sucked. I had to either spend the night in Mexico City or LAX.  Soooooo, instead of flying back I decided to extend my trip to other places!  I originally planned on spending some time in San Diego, but last minute changes had me going to Reno and Bishop.  Reno consisted mostly of relaxing, getting some much needed shopping done and eating good food.  Then I was off to Bishop!

Ever since I started climbing I had heard of the Buttermilks and how amazing the bouldering is. This just so happens to be right outside Bishop!  Between this area and all the other amazing hiking and exploring there is to do in the area, I had a blast!  I even got my first taste of the John Muir trial.  Definitely looking forward to doing the whole thing one day.  Did I mention I learned to play Cribbage?  I'm super stoked about this since it's something I've always wanted to learn.  I'm happy to now know another two player game!

After some time in the mountains, it was time to go visit Jordan in Sacramento.  We only had a couple days together, but we filled them with lots of fun!

Another last minute change to the trip was spending some time on Oahu.  I really wanted to get home, but there were things I wanted to explore on this other island so I thought it would be a good time to do so.  This exploration was well worth it... I'm glad I took the time.  More on this later.

Hiking and reflecting on the John Muir trail.


Playing around on the boulders at the Buttermilks.

 Found some pretty cool hot springs.  These ones were too hot to swim in, but there were others for relaxing.

Playing around at the railroad museum.


Having WAY too much fun at Jordan's.


Rainbows on Oahu!  Would love to live on the beach like this!

Always a little time for reading with the ocean.

More hikes on Oahu. Gotta love the secret ones :-)

Comments