Back to Utah!

I think it's been about 10ish years since I've had some fun it Utah!  I have had a couple quick business trips, but nothing noteworthy until recently!  I went back to hang out with Tonya for a week and got to enjoy some of the fun things I miss!  It just so happened to be Sundance Film Festival, so that was a great time reminiscing on things I use to do with Jordan.  Details are in the pics!

It felt soooooo good to get on the snow and ski again!  The first run I was a little shaky, but by the second I was good to go!  We had amazing snow conditions along with a beautiful sunny day.  We even got to hit up some double blacks which I was surprised I was still capable of.  I was wondering if I would decide to board or ski and I'm glad I decided to ski. After not being on the snow for a long time, it seemed like a safer bet.  Plus, unless I'm in 6+ inches of powder, I think skiing is the way to go!




Of course there had to be some cultural activities so we went to the opera.  It was my first opera and I can't say it was my favorite thing.  I love musicals and the orchestra, but I can't say I'll be going to another opera anytime soon.  Funny story though.... we had some technical difficulties getting there so we didn't get in till the intermission (I was totally ok with this since I was falling asleep in the 45 minutes we did spend there).  Then about 10 minutes after we sat down my alarm on my phone started going off.  It was so embarrassing!  I put my phone on silence, but I had set a night alarm for the previous night and forgot to turn it off!  Oops.  I was so embarrassed I fumbled around for a minute trying to turn it off, but if anything it added some excitement to the night!


Then there was Sundance...
When I was younger, Jordan and I would walk around Park City while this was going on and try to sneak into private parties.  We were always successful and it was always a great time!  We also never even saw any movies!  I've changed quite a bit as I've grown up and this time it was quite a different experience.  I'm finding that I do not enjoy crowds and scenes like this as much.  The energy is just too wild for me.  We walked around the streets for a bit, but then quickly stopped.  I wasn't feeling it.  We did end up going to a movie and it was an interesting experience as well.  The movie reminded me of so many personal things and I got super emotional.  It was hard to watch.  We stayed till the end and I decided that I think this will be my last Sundance.

Since living on Kauai, I'm seeing some pretty big changes in myself and what I enjoy in life and how I see myself living.  It's harder to be on the mainland and part of the 'hustle and bustle'.  As I'm growing energetically/spiritually/whatever you want to call it, I find myself not wanting to be around more than a couple people at a time.  The energy is just too much.  I'm still going to big group things, but they are just much more uncomfortable to navigate.  I look forward to making my world even smaller(bigger in a sense) one day when I get a boat to travel.

Comments