The Small Details

Life just keeps getting more interesting and better my the moment...but in all the ways I would never imagine. Here we are catching up on some of my smaller adventures.

Always going to Mitch's to work on projects!  He says I am becoming quite the 'Haynie-Rigger' myself which is quite the compliment.  Adria took this picture a while back and I like it because it feel like it shows how I look up to Mitch.

My friend Nicole came out to visit which was really nice!  I had not seen Nicole for about 15 years so it was great to catch up.  It was also fun to be a tourist with her :-)



Daria got her learners permit!

I hate when I go on a trip and then come home and realize I didn't take any pictures!  I went to Maui to hang out with a friend and do some snorkeling and when I got home I realized this was the only picture on my phone from the whole trip!  I thought it was a funny sign in the bathroom.  I have been to Maui a handful of times now and it is my least favorite Hawaiian island.

Did you know that the Christmas parade is the biggest event on Kauai?!?  I didn't either!  But I'm pretty sure the whole island was there!

Tonya came out for Christmas and this is another situation where I didn't take hardly any pictures!  We had a week full of adventuring and these were the only pictures I have!




Right after Christmas Dad and Donna came out to visit for an 'interesting' time...



Jackie and I went over to the Big Island to explore and dive with the Manta Rays and it was epic!!!  On the first dive a Manta with a 12 foot wingspan swam right up to me and hung out for a few minutes...and that wasn't even the dive were were supposed to see them!  Definitely one of the more amazing experience underwater for me.  Later that night we did an actual Manta Ray dive where they feed them and it was pretty cool, but not as cool as the one coming up to me during the day to say hello.  We camped all over the island and it was a fun way to experience the island in a different way.



More Land Cruiser projects!  I recently rebuilt the birfs, axles and wheels.  It was a huge project, but so much fun!  I'm getting pretty close to having rebuilt nearly everything on this truck and it feels so good to know that I can fix anything that breaks on it.





Lots and lots of truck camping!  I love Polihale!

My trivia time as been killing it!  I loved this post my the Trivia Lady. 

Life in general is pretty wonderful.  I stopped drinking a while ago and it's amazing how well I feel.  I've been reading a lot and growing in different ways.  I have not been in the mood much for surf lately so I've only gone a couple times since the beginning of the year.  I've mostly spent my time doing yoga, diving and relaxing/reading.  I'm still not sure what is going on with my job, but at this point I don't really care.  Life is taking me in all kinds of fun, interesting directions!

Comments