Christmas Toffee Treats

My mom made these treats growing up and I'm not 100% sure, but they may be the reason I am so addicted to sugary treats today.  Most people would take one bite and say "hey, these are REALLY sweet" and save the rest for later.  Not me!  I've been known to polish off a whole pan of these in one sitting.  Now, I limit myself to making these once a year and I will usually take them to a Christmas party so I don't eat the whole pan myself.

3/4 cup better
1.5 cups crushed graham crackers
1 can sweet and condensed milk
1 cup chopped walnuts (small, but not too small)
1.5 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cup coconut
1 cup butterscotch chips

-Put butter in 13x9" glass dish and put in oven while it is heating to 350 degrees.
-While the butter is melting, finely crush graham crackers (I prefer using a food processor).
-Once the butter is melted, take the pan out and sprinkle the graham crackers evenly in the dish.
-Pour sweet and condensed milk over the crust as evenly as possible.
-Then, in the following order, spread the ingredients evenly over the top. Walnuts, Chocolate Chips, Coconut, Butterscotch Chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Take it out of the oven when the edges are light brown.  Let it cool for 5 minutes, then take a spatula and slightly separate the edges from the pan so it is easier to get out later. I also like to pre-cut it at this point, but if you have really big muscles, you can wait till it is hard.

Put it in the fridge and let it harden before eating.  It will usually harden in a few hours.

Comments