Shut Up and Run!

I decided it was finally time to do a 5k and what a better time than Thanksgiving morning.  Shut up and Run is a small, fun race put on by a friend Sally and it goes all around the road and trails in Treaty Park.  I was pretty impressed they could get 3.1 miles out of the park, but with a little creativity, they did it well!  Plus, it was mostly run on trails which is at lot more entertaining than the road.

At the start of the race, I took off with the lead pack and hung on to them until the last mile 3/4 of a mile.  I finished 5th overall with an 18:50 which isn't super fast, but based on lots of turns on a trail I was semi-satisfied.  One fun part about this race is there is a Pie Guy and if you beat him, you get to take home a pie. Needless to say, I got a pie.  Lots of my favorite OFC people also volunteer at this race so it was great to hang out with all of them on Thanksgiving morning.

Now....off to Hawaii for a couple months!!!

Don't mind the red lines...I'm not sure who put them there!




All the pie winners!

Comments