Ponta Vedra Sprints

Since my Half Ironman I have done two sprint triathlons.  The swim was canceled in the first one, so it was a run-bike-run.  In the second race, I improved my run time and my bike time by about a minute each.  They have been good training for Ironman Louisville.  I'm getting a little antsy so I can't wait for this race to be over, but I did decide to sign up for the Half in Miami in late October.  I can't let all this training go to waste with only one big race!  I need to hit sub-5 hours on the Miami Half as well.

Now that I have a better idea of my fitness, I am shooting for less than 10:30 in Louisville...it's going to be hard to do!  My running is improving a lot especially on the short runs.  Running with the ACRR has helped a ton!  I love my new running group friends.  I have also been pushed on the bike a lot by Todd Neville and Bill Duggan.

One last small race before the big race.  Olympic Tri in Fernandina.  Shooting for top three in age group.

Until next time...

Comments