2016 in Review

Each year I create goals and sometimes I accomplish them and sometimes I don't.  This was one of those years when I did not accomplish most of my goals, yet it was also the best year I have ever had in terms of happiness.  The one goal that I did accomplish this year was to get my PMP certification and I am super happy about this since it has been weighing on me for a while.  A few of the goals I didn't accomplish were:

-Break 1:30 in Half Ironman run (I got really close on this one and ran a 1:30:13)
-Break 55 minutes in Olympic bike (I also got really close on this one with a 55:09)
-Podium finish in AG at IM event (At Florida 70.3 I finished 7th in AG and 14th overall)
-Qualify for 70.3 Worlds (I never stuck around for rolldowns so I'm not really sure about this one)
-Qualify for Kona (this has been a goal for a long time, but I'm either not cut out for long distance racing or I would need a few more years to work towards it.  Training for Ironman distance races has taken a toll on my enjoyment of the sport so I am putting this on the back burner or possibly forgetting it altogether)
**These were not all the goals I did not accomplish, just some highlights or where I got really close.

So, onto another year and some new goals!  One thing I have been working on for a while is to live the life of a minimalist. If you walked into my house you would see I'm pretty close to this, but I can always make improvements.  One plan this year is to narrow my past down to three plastic containers.  I'd like to get become a better surfer so I made a goal to surf 100 session. I have a feeling this year is going to be another great one!

I recently saw a quote that said something along the lines of 'people only wish their good days were as good as your bad days' and this is how I feel about my life.  I'm not saying I never have a bad day, but when I do have them, life is still amazing.  I'm pretty sure I say this every year, but I have no idea how life keeps getting better.  Just when I think it is perfect things keep falling more into place.

Here's to another amazing year!

Comments

Post a Comment