Back to racing!

After a winters worth of hard work, I've had the chance to race a couple times and I've been pleasantly surprised by the results.

First race of the year was the Gate River Run (15k).  I don't do many running races (if any), so this was a great test of my stand alone running.  I finished in 57:31 and had pretty even splits so I was excited about that. 

The second race of the year was the Great Clermont Triathlon.  I had a good race including the best bike split overall and ended in 4th place overall (1st in age group).  It had rained earlier in the day so it was wet and humid which made for a challenging bike.  A few familiar faces were there and I have loved watching my name rise above theirs in the results over the years.  Splits were: 
Swim: 24:02
Bike: 1:00:42
Run: 40:31
Total: 2:07:51

Off to a good start to the year and I have Florida 70.3 in a few days so that should be fun. Following that will be St Anthony's, then onto IM Texas to end the first half of the season before heading to Africa!!!

Comments