TYR Torque Pro Review

For the first two uses of my TYR Torque Pro, I loved it!  It definitely made me faster in the water and it is super comfortable.  I never got any rashes and it didn't rub wrong anywhere.  When I put it on, I feel like I just glide effortlessly through the water.  Well this was until it's third use at Ironman St Croix this year.  Everything was going as planned until I got into T1 and started to take the Torque off.  I pulled the rip cord and the zipper stuck on the fabric and broke right off!  This was an issue because I needed to get it off to finish my race.  I had no choice but to squeeze myself out of the top of it.  In the process, I tore one of the shoulders.  Not only did my transition take a lot longer than it should have, but I was bummed that my barely used TYR Torque was ruined.

I finished my race and figured I would just email TYR when I got home.  I asked my coach for the receipt since he bought it at the Kona Expo last year, but he couldn't find it anywhere.  Who knew something like this would happen with such a high quality item (or perceived high quality).  My swim skin was only a few months old and other than the damage I just created because of a broken zipper, it looks brand new.  I emailed TYR and they said without a receipt I was out of luck and they wouldn't do anything.  I have owned (and still own) a variety of TYR products over the years and this has never happened to me.  This is also the most expensive piece of TYR equipment I have owned and it saddens me that they won't stand behind their product.

I think I am over TYR.  I won't be supporting them anymore.  This makes me sad since I loved this swimskin and my other TYR products so much.

Comments